Tuesday, May 10, 2011

PRODUCTION HOUSE

So, I am officially throwing my hat into the comedy ring with my first television pilot, "Production House".  I know what you are thinking... television? But honestly I really feel that I want to start my career in TV and move into film. There are also more opportunities to work in this business in television. Just hopefully the studios realize that as many dumb ass reality shows they keep putting on people are naturally drawn to scripted programming. People want to be able to fantasize about living through elaborate characters. And most of all there are not enough good comedies on TV. Period.

The Office is done. They are going to attempt a season without the star but we all know how that ends up. Anyone remember the last season of Scrubs? Nope. 30 Rock is on its way out because Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are going to be chasing that next level soon. Always Sunny is going into a 7th season. And yes it is still the funniest show on TV, last season was just eh compared to 4+5. The League, is very funny and very promising, hopefully will keep on truckin'. Workaholics, a new show from Comedy Central is on still. It has times of hilarity with some bright and flashy dialogue, but something just hits me that they are trying to hard to be like everything else. Besides cartoons, that's really it folks. The higher ups should start to notice the lack of ORIGINAL material and hopefully they will take a look-see at my wacky show.

-Cjevy

No comments:

Post a Comment