Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update from Beyond the Grave

Wow, so the last time I've updated this thing was May? Where has the time gone? Well, not its July... I've finally got a gig at a mid-major production studio and have been working diligently. I have been attempting to write 2 seperate projects at once. Pretty crazy/stupid right? The first is titled "Scarsdale" and is a thriller about a husband who awakens from a drunken evening to find his wife (seperated but not divorced) dead in the back yard. This idea was not my own, but submitted for the Insiders screenwriting compeition at the writers store. This contest sounds pretty awesome, you write 15 pages, they pick a top then and you get a writing coach for 3 months to help you finish the script. Winners get guanteed meetings with Benderspink as well as a sit down lunch with Robert Mark Kamen (Fifth Element, Taken, The Transporter). So I've got that to look forward to... and I am also working on my next spec... again not a horror script. BOOOOO, but my idea is very promising, very funny, and very commercial so hopefully I can find my way into an agency/management company with this bad boy.

On a side note, where is all the horror movies? Last thing I saw was Scream 4 and I fell asleep while watching it... I was a half bottle of Captain Morgan deep but still... come on

I will try to keep posting on this thing if anyone out there reads it..

No comments:

Post a Comment