Monday, September 20, 2010

What a day...

So I am chillin out on my deck, reading some god knows terrible screenplay, (10 left to go until I am done with them) and I get a nice little email from the fine people at 38 studios that they had recieved my resume and the Marketing chairmen would like to interview me for a possible position.... I'm thinking hell yeah I would love to work at a video game company... then I get an email from the fine people at the Eerie Horror movie festival and.... I made the FINALS!!!! Kick ass... I guess someone out there liked Tissue(s), after reading it so many times I kept thinking it blew, but maybe I am just my own worst critic....

Hellraiser update: so I am about fifteen pages in and I think it is my best work to date. Somehow the right words just seem to pop into my head... here's an excerpt

"Each pore of his sweating skin becomes aroused. Every tiny pupillae of hair erect. He grows hard with passion as seen through his tight boxer briefs.


Frank falls against the wall, almost through the window... which could have been his saving grace.


The smell of burning fills his nostrils, followed by a dozen other scents he has yet to experience. Vanilla seems to overpower them all.


He cluches his mouth to stop from vomitting but a strange forbearance has disabled this bodily function.


A cacophony of noise in the room pounds in his ears, a thousand voices calling out to him at once.


And the visuals... each cell inside his eyelid magnified and alive, flowing through his thin capillaries like traffic below a busy city."

Not bad right? I thought it sounds pretty good so far... I'll keep posting here and maybe the right person will stumble along my lowly blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment