Sunday, October 10, 2010

Disappointment

Well, Eerie Horror Fest has come and gone and to my disappointment the bitter taste of defeat. I was happy for the winner though, we chatted over a few beers after the awards and he seemed like a nice guy. Still a little puzzled why a sci-fi script won a horror competition but whatever. As for the festival, I don't think I will be attending that one again. Erie, PA is a scary freakin' town, and not in a good way. The theatre was in the middle of the city and I pretty much thought I could get stabbed at any moment walking to the hotel across the street. There were not that many vendors and the "celebrities" were D-list at best. But the part I had enjoyed most was watching the films... Some of them were pretty unique and powerful, some so laughable I can't believe people invested time and/ or money into them. My favorite short of the festival was called "Patient" and was done by the film program at York University. For only being 13 minutes long, the tension builds from the onset and cascades from start to finish. As for feature length films, my fav was "Ghosts don't exist" from Virginia. The cinematography and script were superior to all it's peers and surprisingly Chris Cooley from the Redskins was the Exec producer. So if you see that one on Netflix check it out. All in all I am thankful for being able to attend the event and nominated for an award. This defeat only fuels my inner fire for success in this business and I am determined...

No comments:

Post a Comment