Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's October...

With the greatest month of the year upon us (my birthday+ Halloween) a plethora of horror films are slated to be released in the upcoming weeks. This week "Let me In" ,"Case 39", "Hatchet II" were among the titles set upon the horror community. All of which I would rather just hang out and watch football than spend 30 bucks on seeing at the movies. I do not understand why the major film studios dump their reject horror films in October. Fans of the genre are not stupid. I can smell garbage just like anyone else can.

Other films slated for release this month...
"My Soul to Take": Wes Craven's return to the genre since his PG-13 snooze Red Eye. Honestly I can't tell what the premise of the film is from the trailer and am 90% sure I am not spending the 15 bucks to see it in 3D either.

"Saw 7": Ehh maybe... I am thinking about seeing this pretty much for the sole purpose of the finale to the franchise. The original Saw was the perfect combination of horror elements combined into one film. Scary doll, clever twist, popular antagonist. I personally don't give a shit that it is in 3D either.

And without opening up Imdb to check out a specific list, I can't think of any other good movies releasing in October. Yup, zero... This guy is not exciting for anything coming out... Oh yeah, just remembered Paranormal Activity 2, hopefully it is better than Blair Witch 2 because it is going to be compared to that dud in every form, by every critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment